President, Richard D. Short and Associates
Consulting Geotechnical Engineers
- 45 years experience with over 4,000 projects as an engineering consultant.
- Past President of the Deep Foundations Institute 2002-2004.
- Past Chairman and Founder of the DFI Educational Trust
- Past President of the California Geotechnical Engineers Association 1983-4.
- Undergraduate Foundation Engineering lecture U of C, Berkeley since 2004.
- MS degree in Geotechnical Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley
- BS in Civil Engineering from the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Engineering News Record Award of Excellence - one of the “25 Top Newsmakers in 2005” for invention of the patented “Plate Pile” system for slope stabilization.
- Diplomate, Geotechnical Engineering, November 3, 2009.
- Honorary Member Chi Epsilon April 2010.
- 2010 Distinguished Service Award for lifetime achievement as an Engineer and Industry Leader - Deep Foundations Institute.